Sunday, January 9, 2011

Big Mouth!!

Confession, I am so OVER winter weather!! I want warm sunshine on my arms, sundresses that make getting dolled up easy peasey, gorgeous sandals to show off amazingly bright pedicures and minimal makeup that makes a huge statement.

The first day of Spring is March 20th, until then I will trudge through the Winter armed with an arsenal of   BRIGHT lip colors in shades of red, coral, fuschia, orange and magenta. 


Perhaps it is strange that my Muse's for a bright lip were all at one point engaged or married to Marilyn Manson. Clearly, Marilyn has a beautiful type. They rock a bright lip like no other.


Evan Rachel Wood. Ever since she was tied into True Blood, I have wanted to steal Queen Sophie Annes lipstick..and her wardrobe.

Dita Von Teese. Dita is a family icon of sorts. My lil sis mimics her hair styles and style, while I attempt to control my Makeup Artist tendencies to wear everything in the kit and scale it back. Dita is all about black liquid liner, blusher and most importantly her red lipstick. Minimal, but HUGE impact.
Rose McGowan. Beautiful Rose! I have been envious of her alabaster skin and ability to wear bright lip color with ease since she starred in the movie "Jawbreaker." She easily wears a magenta lip color as though it was a classic, everyday nude.



The best way to rock a bright lip??Minimal makeup elsewhere!!Black liquid liner winged out, gobs of black mascara, a touch of sheer blush, and of course your lipcolor of choice with a coordinating lip pencil.

My favorite bright lipcolors? MAC cosmetics Lickable(gorgeous magenta), Revlon colorburst in Coral, MAC cosmetics Viva Glam Gaga (a bright in your 
face pink) and Nars Velvet Matte lipcolor in Cruella (a fierce red.)


Other Muse's for inspiration: Gwen Steffani, Rihanna, Katy Perry,Christina Aguilera

No comments:

Post a Comment